Myths & Facts About Homoeopathy
1. It is slow to act This myth is popular, because most of the people approaching a Homoeopath after they have tried all treatments and by that time their acute complaints have become chronic. Homoeopathy is, in fact, FAST AND RAPID IN ACTION in conditions like acute infections, fever, diarrhea, etc. while in cases of chronic diseases as the disease has been there since a long time it does take time to cure but recognizable improvement starts within two to three weeks time.
2. All medicines are same, small and white Homoeopathic medicines are prepared in an alcohol base. The white sugar globules or pills are only a medium or vehicle for the transport of the medicine into the body. The liquid medicine is dispensed in the sugar globules that are made from lactose.
3. Homeopathy is only good for chronic cases The notion that homoeopathy works well in chronic cases is true but it works equally well in acute cases too with the additional advantage that the recurrence of acute problems like that of tonsillitis, recurrent cold and coughs, frequent skin allergies is markedly reduced by the use of constitutional homoeopathic medications. Homoeopathy has excellent medicines to treat colic, diarrhoea, headache, cough, toothache, viral fevers etc.
4. Homoeopathy first aggravates the disease and then improves It is a myth. It does not happen to all cases. But if medicine is repeated more than the need, or the potency chosen is higher than required by the patient then there is a medicinal aggravation or increase in the complaints, but these symptoms would subside on its own as soon as that medicine is withdrawn and the right potency medicine is to be administrated for getting the curative action.
5. Dietic restrictions It is a myth regarding restriction in diet like onion, garlic, perfume, paan and tobacco. These medicines have been used on patients who are habituated to coffee and betel. IT ALWAYS ACTS. But yes, certain homoeopathic medicines when given, can be inactivated by certain substances so only in those medicines these restrictions are required and not in all the medicines.
6. Homeopathy and Allopathy cannot be taken together In patients suffering from drug-dependant diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, allopathic drugs cannot be suddenly withdrawn; hence, homeopathic medicines may be taken with allopathic medicines. However, allopathic medicine is often palliative or suppressive. For example, if a patient with headache takes a painkiller, his symptoms would get masked and therefore a good prescription by a homeopath could become difficult. Similarly, some medicines in Allopathy tend to suppress rather than cure while homeopathic medicines may expel toxins. In such cases, it is better to take Homeopathy alone.
HOMEOPATHY CONTAINS STEROIDS
The most common question asked by patients is “does homoeopathy contains steroids” and the answer is always NO.
Steroids is the fastest and easiest source to give patient a quick relief. And that’s why it has become the primary or ultimate choice for many of doctors. The response to administration of steroids in a lot of diseases is unbelievably amazing and fast.
This lead to a mind set that any treatment which gives a quick relief, Steroids is the only reason behind. If a given case under homeopathic prescription does unbelievably well and responds in time less than anticipated, it is often blamed on steroid, or a steroid like effect.
To make things worse, homeopathic medicines sometimes give a false positive result to certain non specific tests used for detecting steroids.
WHAT ARE THE LAB TESTS TO DETECT PRESENCE OF STEROID? There are several Laboratory tests available to estimate the presence of steroids in a given compound. Some are old yet popular test, i.e. colorimetric tests and some are confirmatory tests like Thin layer chromatography method and UV absorption method.
BEWARE ABOUT THE FALSE POSITIVE REACTION:
One of the old methods of detecting the presence of steroid is COLORIMETRIC METHOD using tetrazolim blue salts. If the given compound contain steroid, during this test a highly coloured compound is produced which is known as FARMAZAN. This test gives false positive result if the given compound contain reducing sugar like lactose. As we all know most of the Homoeopathic medicines contain lactose( goat’s milk powder) and hence there will be a false positive reaction. Most of the potentised Homoeopathic medicines contain some percentage of dispensing alcohol and responsible for the false positive reaction. Hence this method is not advisable to confirm the presence of steroids.
Other methods used to test steroids are Liberman Buchard test, thin layer chromatography method and UV absorption method.
Almost all steroids show UV absorption between 235 and 240 nm in dehydrated alcohol or methanol in a clear solution. A complete spectrum of this solution is taken between 400 NM and 200 NM on a suitable spectrophotometer, if any steroid is present, it will show maximum at 240 NM. This is the right method of testing to confirm the presence of steroids and no Homoeopathic medicines will show positive reaction. If anyone is interested to find out any steroid content in Homoeopathic medicines they are requested to go for these above mentioned tests than colorimetric test. Many a times people are misguided because of this misleading result in colorimetric test.
Thus it is clear that homeopathic medicines do not contain any steroids, and one must understand the testing procedures used to eliminate the possibility of a misleading result. So the next time some one or you yourself want to know the truth, you know where to get it from.
COPYRIGHT © 2015 Sukhchain Homeopathy Developed by InnovativeDigitalMarketing